Welcome to our fourth patch notes post! Our goal is to effectively relay the updated information to the community. As we are currently in the pre-alpha development stage, the majority of you will not have access to the present built, but, we are collaborating with a select group of streamers and play testers who are helping us to stress test on a semi-regular basis.
These patch notes serve two purposes. Firstly, as an archival element, to easily go back and see which issues were addressed, and when. Secondly, to show the community that we are busy working on Cold Comfort, trying to make it a great experience for you.
Oh wait, there’s a third point, as this is new territory for us, especially in this early stage of development, your opinion regarding the format and information on how these updates are conveyed is important. As always, feel free to hop onto our discord community channel and let us know what you think!
Our full update notes are below.
WHAT’S NEW IN VERSION 0.0.4?
December 19th, 2020
- Increased match size from 2v2 to 5v5
- Added scaffolding to map, to allow rooftop access
- Increased Civilian pool from 50 to 125
- Increase Corpse pool from 50 to 125
- Increased number of required Civilians to evacuate from 10 to 20
- Added a 3rd Extraction point
- Increased map size (Seneca City) by 4 fold
- Added minimap/radar
- Added map markers for extraction points
- Added flashlight functionality for Survivors (L)
- Implemented actual functionality for the top team bar which displays the character icons now
- Moved previous extraction point locations for optimal distancing
- Fixed Collision bug with scaffolding
- Fixed areas where players fell through the map
- Fixed Zombie attacking behavior Corpse Position is now synced between Server and Client (except when ragdolling)
- Fixed AI walking through each other
- Minor UI Fixes and previous placeholder implementations
- Fixed Steam Icons not showing during character selection
- Fixed marker logic when stuck at screen corner
- It’s still possible to push the AI around which is probably caused by collision profiles not properly updating
- Arachna cannot continue crawling over the lip of the building wall
- Weapon handling is not optimized
- Cursor lock using weapons can bug out sometimes
- Performance is not optimized